11.24.2016

Handmade Holiday Gift Guide • Ahoy Amigo


HOLIDAY SHOPPING DEADLINE; Dec. 15th
We will be at the Made Market Holiday event on Dec. 16th and 17th! It’s at the Frazier History Museum 


Stacie in her own words...

Do you have any fun nicknames?
does mommy count?!

Tell us about you!
I am 31 yrs old, married to a man I have known for 17 years but only married for 8! We have 2 little ones, Madison (girl 7) and Caiden (boy 5) and 2 crazy barking dogs.  We live in Kentucky but not on a farm and we usually wear shoes in public. 

What is the name of your business and what is it you make? 
Ahoy Amigo, a children’s clothing brand featuring comfortable clothing with fun playful patterns.

How did you start your business? How has it evolved?  
I started out of a need to expand my daughters wardrobe away from sparkly princesses and because there was nothing for boys!  We started as a tee shop and now offer a full range of clothing!

What is the meaning of your business name? How did you come up with it?  Ahoy Amigo means HI friend!! We combined two languages (pirate counts!) because everyone should be friends, pirate or not!


What is your biggest dream for you and your business? 
to have EVERYONE rock Ahoy Amigo!! 

What is your favorite part? The part you don’t care for as much? 
my favorite part is seeing customer wearing threads I handmade, and also screen printing all my fabrics by hand!! My least favorite part is cleaning my screens, ink is messy!

What is something we wouldn’t know about you or your business?  
my grandmother taught me to sew by hand was I was little! I didn’t buy a sewing machine until 2014!!

What has been your biggest accomplishment so far? What are you most proud of? 
 every time I finish an item I am proud!!! Biggest accomplishment would be all of it!! 

What does shopping small mean to you? 
Shopping small means supporting someone’s dream.  My dream wouldn’t be possible without people like you!

Why is handmade so important?  
Handmade is important because it means you know exactly where your clothes came from and whats in them!!


What are your plans for the holidays?
My daughter’s 7th birthday is Dec. 12th so we have to split the month with her so the first half is all about building fairy houses and going to the movies (to see Trolls for the 879873 time lol)! We live near all our family so we get to spend the holidays with our loved ones!! My favorite way to spend the holidays is in my pajamas!! We always watch National Lampoons Christmas Vacation while decorating the tree and then have hot chocolate!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments! We LOVE to hear from you!