11.21.2016

Handmade Holiday Gift Guide • Little Faces Apparel



Jennifer in her own words...

Tell us about you!!! 
I live in Northern Virginia, married to my 7th grade crush and have 3 kids, ages 17, 9, and 4. I'm a die-hard Pittsburgh Steelers, Washington Capitals, and New York Yankees fan. 

What is the name of your business and what is it you make?
 Little Faces Apparel - handcrafted children's clothing and accessories

How did you start your business? How has it evolved? 
I started this business in 2013, shortly after having my daughter. I started out making tutu costumes and then once the holiday rush ended, it evolved into making clothing and then accessories.



What is the meaning of your business name? How did you come up with it? 
I've always called my kids "littles" and then it evolved to "little faces". Because it was such a constant saying in my house, the name just made sense to use.

What is your biggest dream for you and your business? 
I'd love for my business to grow enough so that I can employ other moms, or dads.

What is your favorite part? The part you don’t care for as much?
I love coming up with new ideas. Creating the samples aren't always fun because there's a lot of wasted materials but perfecting the size and piece is so rewarding.

What is something we wouldn’t know about you or your business? 
In addition to my shop, I also have a full-time in the high stakes testing field. 

What has been your biggest accomplishment so far? What are you most proud of?
I love seeing customer's wearing our clothing. Seeing kids wear the clothing that I've sewn with my own hands and hearing how much they love it, or being a part of pregnancy reveals using the shirts that I've screen-printed, is so great!


What does shopping small or buying handmade mean to you? I always try to shop small and as much as I can. I love  knowing that I'm helping another person, however that may be. That may be something as simple as allowing them to go out to eat every now and then, signing their children up in sports they love, going on a vacation, or just about anything that brings joy for them. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments! We LOVE to hear from you!