11.19.2016

Handmade Holiday Gift Guide • Charlotte and Ezra





HOLIDAY SHOPPING DEADLINE: cyber Monday is the last day to purchase for Christmas guarantee. 


Tara in her own words...

Do you have any fun nicknames? 
Liver lips. Haha. My grandpa called me that for what reason I have no clue. My mom thought is was because my big lips. He passed when I was 8 so I never got to ask. 
My dad called my Hollywood. My dads and outdoorsman and Im so not an outdoorsy person. He called me that because I guess I was to preppy. Haha 

Tell us about you!
I'm actually from Columbus Ohio I still live in the area but in Worthington. I. Married to my high school sweetheart (that's always sounds funny to say). We have two kiddos with vintage names that my shops named after. Charlotte Rose will be 3 the day after Christmas. Ezra Bennett Is almost 6 months. We aren't having any more kids because let's be honest one of each is goals! We go to our local church Calvary apostolic. Most important info here is I'm team Logan and was team Edward. If ya know what I mean. 

What is the name of your business and what is it you make? 
Charlotte and Ezra We have fun mom and kid graphic tees. Some are faith inspired. I also hand make boho bibs. They're exclusive because they are limited to seasonal drops. 

How did you start your business? 
I started out in April 2014 with headbands then moved to boho bibs then to t-shirts. My shop was originally Charlotte rose boutique. Once we knew Ezra was coming I changed the name. 

What is the meaning of your business name? 
I started making things and when I was in public I was asked where I got things often. So it started from there. I always wanted to sell shirts and once I had the funds I started late last year. 

What is your biggest dream for you and your business? 
My biggest dream I was just tellin my hip the other day. So funny you asked. I want to have a real brick and mortar store. It's been a dream of mine to have one and even see my products in stores. 

What is your favorite part? 
My favorite part is see that my tees are loved. I actually design most myself. My husband is a designer and taught me to use illustrator.  The part you don’t care for as much? Haha. The shipping part. It takes long hours to ship with kiddos. Most of the time I have to ship out late at night so my tired is tired.  

What is something we wouldn’t know about you or your business? 
Both of my babies were c-section. The send one was harder on me because Charlotte's a busy bee. Also I must have Vaseline for my dry lips daily. Yeah I'm cool...

What has been your biggest accomplishment so far? 
My biggest accomplishment is my family. Ever day is work. If your kids love hard your doing something right.  What are you most proud of? I'm most proud of the success I've had and look forward to new opportunities. 

What does shopping small mean to you? 
Shopping small is so important to me. Your helping my family pay bills. So I know when I shop small I'm blessing my community. Plus bonus y'all you get unique well made items. 

What are your plans for the holidays? 
One tradition my husband started was going to cut down our Christmas tree the day after thanksgiving. We're actually going to myrtle beach for Christmas and our daughters birthday.  

What other fun things do you have planned?
I'm going to be hitting the big 3-0 on July of next year. Which is also my shops 2 year anniversary. So I'll have a huge bash for that.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments! We LOVE to hear from you!