11.23.2016

Handmade Holiday Gift Guide • Modern Munro

 Modernmunro.com
facebook.com/modernmunro1
instagram.com/modernmunro
HOLIDAY SHOPPING DEADLINE; regular shipping, customs, priority, international, etc.: November 27th. 

Kymberley in her own words...

Do you have any fun nicknames?
My husband called me "Honey" and my daughter calls me "MAAAAAAAAMAAAAAA" 

Tell us about you!
I was raised in Nebraska, but moved to Southern California when I was 16. I am married to my amazing husband, Michael, whom I met on a blind date! We have a gorgeous two year old, Scarlett Munro who is our everything. We are a motocross family and love to be outdoors! 

What is the name of your business and what is it you make?
Modern Munro- we specialize in baby & toddler clothing and accessories- From leggings, to rompers, to dresses, to kimonos, to headwraps & bibdanas! we do it all! 



How did you start your business? How has it evolved?
I started my business back in February 2015 making bows locally at craft shows. I have always been an avid small shop supporter, and once my daughter was born, my passion for shopping small turned into a full blown addiction. Since starting with just bows, I have evolved in being able to literally clothe your minis from head to toe! 

What is the meaning of your business name? How did you come up with it? Modern Munro means so much to me because it is named after my daughter, Scarlett Munro. Munro was the middle name to my husband's mother, who passed away when he was 8. 

What is your biggest dream for you and your business?
My biggest dream is to be able to quite my day job!! I would love Modern Munro to be so self sustaining, that I can focus 100% on it. 

What is your favorite part? The part you don’t care for as much?
My absolutely favorite part of what I do is seeing my creations on other people! When a customer sends me a photo, or tags me on Instagram, I get so giddy! I always show my husband and say "eek! I MADE that!" The worst part? I am so clumsy! I am ALWAYS hurting myself while sewing. 

What is something we wouldn’t know about you or your business?
To a lot of people running a small business is a piece of cake, but not for me. I have epilepsy that sometimes keeps me in bed for a couple days at a time. Every single item is made during nap time, early in the morning or late in the night. With my full-time job and my "illness", I work on MM when everyone else is relaxing/asleep. 

What has been your biggest accomplishment so far? What are you most proud of?
I literally went from never, ever touching a sewing machine in my life, to being able to bust out complicated rompers, dresses and more! I feel like that is absolutely my greatest accomplishment.



What are your plans for the holidays?
I have a very small family all spread around the USA, and we always get together during the holidays! I look forward to this time of year, every year! We don't really have "traditions", just to be together! 

What does shopping small mean to you?
It means so much! It means that you are helping a mom or dad put food on their children's plates. It means you are helping someone reach their dream of owning a business. It means you are ensuring that the lay man can prosper and not just the corporation. 

Why is handmade so important?
Handmade is so important because it isn't being busted out in mass at a factory. The attention to detail is always so amazing. The quality is 9 out of 10 times better than mass produced items and they tend to last a lot longer! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments! We LOVE to hear from you!